The New Combined Induction Standards come at a time of change in the industry, where both training managers and compliance officers are under greater pressure to deliver and prove good quality induction training.
- CSCI are looking for more detailed reporting on individual training plans.
- CSCI are also looking to address bad practices in homes – how do you prove you are addressing these?
- GSCC Registration of Care Workers 2007.
- Recruitment in Social Care is growing, with TV and Radio adverts prominent.
- There is still high turn over in the industry – some of our clients induct 500 – 1000 people per year.
- IT usage in the industry is becoming more prominent, driven by initiatives such as the Electronic Patient Records.
- Health & Safety compliance is a hot topic – and hence training is being pushed to deliver more.
- Legislation is continually changing – resulting in constant changes in training materials.
- Many care homes struggle to prove training has taken place.
So it’s not just a training issue – health and safety, compliance, management and employees all need consideration.