Equal Opportunities Policy for Learners
The following policy is to be used alongside EDGEWORKS Equality of Opportunity Policy and is applicable to all learners:
- The procedures involved in gaining admission to the qualification through EDGEWORKS will be clearly expressed and structured to allow ease of access for learners. Prospective and enrolled learners will be offered support and guidance at all stages.
- At enrolment, learners will be asked to complete a form asking for information about their ethnic origin and any additional support needs. This information is required by our funding partners and Skills funding agency, and is used purely for purposes of providing support, for monitoring and review purposes and as a reference when considering necessary adaptations or updates to the assessment process.
- EDGEWORKS will provide professional advice throughout the recruitment and guidance procedures, which will in no way discriminate against any group of individual.
- Any learner with additional support needs will be given the opportunity to discuss ways of providing solutions to issues of access and any other issues which may present a barrier to learning.
- All registered learners will be given the opportunity to access the support they need in order to complete their qualification Award.
- EDGEWORKS will ensure all learners are allocated an assessor who will assess their work in accordance with the requirements of The Awarding Organisation.
- EDGEWORKS will allocate an Internal Verifier to each learner whose role is to maintain the consistency and quality of assessment processes and to ensure compliance with Awarding Organisation requirements.
- Usual policy is for EDGEWORKS to request full accreditation for the learner’s competence upon completion of all Units. However, unit accreditation may be agreed subject to individual circumstances.