Disability Discrimination Act
Over the past year or so one topic that has constantly caused a great deal of confusion for our clients and agency partners alike, has been the issue of Web Compliance, in particular what exactly is required to ensure Compliance and moreover is it the client or agency who is ultimately responsible?
This recent article ‘The Way I See It… The True Impact of the DDA’ written by Rick Williams (CFCIPD) an acknowledged expert in this area provides a valuable insight into the client/agency relationship and offers answers to key questions such as:
‘How client marketing teams can unknowingly ‘Purchase’ DDA liability from serviceproviders that may ultimately come back to haunt them’
‘The legal position of an Agency when supplying interactive services’Rick’s article makes salutary reading for both client and agency and provides a degree of clarity on an often misunderstood subject.
It also acts as a great link for me to introduce Edgeworks Web Compliance Warranty service, an innovative and unique warranty which ensures your website is fully compliant with UK legislation including:
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
- The Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Edgeworks Web Compliance Warranty is available to our clients and agency partners alike, either as part of our standard marketing and development packages or as a standalone product.
To find our more contact Steve Helsby on 0161 228 1712